|Written by EcoWorld|
|Monday, 02 April 2012 12:14|
The Hunger Games is a young adult novel written by American television writer and novelist Suzanne Collins. It was first published on September 14, 2008, by Scholastic, in hardcover.
It is written in the voice of sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country ofPanem where the countries of North America once existed.
The Capitol, a highly advanced metropolis, holds absolute power over the rest of the nation. The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of the 12 districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can survive.
Is this a dark view of the near future a prediction of the future?
Many science fiction writers have conceived of some amazing devices, events and phenomena that actually appeared years after their works were published. Some of the genre’s most popular authors have a strange ability for anticipating inventions and discoveries.
The Hunger Games movie review -
a glimpse of our own future if the
cancerous growth of government is not checked
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Paperback - Jul 3, 2010)
The central themes are of Big Government domination and control, commented Natural News:
“Control over food: Residents of the 12 districts are not allowed to eat more food than they are allotted by the government..
Control over land: The 12 districts are fenced off with high-voltage power lines, much like you might find inNorth Korea today. Most of the world is "conserved" as wild forest and grasslands, with humans only being allowed to populate confined regions where resources are sparse and starvation is a daily reality.
Control over the media: The government controls all media, and every broadcast is a staged theatrical event, completely fabricated by the government to serve the interests of the government itself. This, of course, is a reflection of present-day mainstream media which is completely whored out to corporate and political interests.
Control of technology: While the masses live in squalor, the techno-elite enjoy advanced hovercraft ships and live in gleaming high-tech cities. Advancements in medicine, 3D displays and weapons systems are available only to the centralized government, never to the People. Also in the film, RFID chips are used to track the game participants.
Control of DNA: Residents of the districts are identified through the taking of DNA blood samples. The government stores their DNA in a database in order to track and identify individuals. Insects are genetically engineered to serve as weapons, such as GMO wasps that cause wild hallucinations to those who are stung.
Control over life itself: The government toys with human life and seems to be amused by expressing heartless power over the masses. Their priorities are simultaneously focused on fashion, status and meaningless cuisine. In one scene, when the teenage girl (Katniss Everdeen) is trying to ask her mentor how she might survive the games, her elitists coordinator can only spout about how much she loves "chocolate truffles" and why they should all enjoy a round of desserts.”
We are already living in the early stages of The Hunger GamesThe real kicker in all this is that, to a great extent, we have already begun to live in the early stages of a "Hunger Games" society. Those who worship government and believe in total government power over the People are pushing us in that direction every single day.
Here are other signs of a Hunger Games type of government growing all around us:
• The TSA reaching down your pants and calling it "security" (http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=979D7B9F44BA6EAE0DF65B3DE6E4EE33)
• Staged false flag security events to keep people afraid (http://www.naturalnews.com/034325_FBI_entrapment_terror_plots.html)
• Janet Napolitano on giant TV screens at Wal-Mart warning everyone to spy on their neighbors and only trust government (http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=5A4B5D4B84344D5D9CBD262A53D8B071)
• Armed government raids on farms and food distribution centers
• Corporate control over seeds and all intellectual property
• The push to disarm the People and centralize all weapons in the hands of government
• Mad science genetic engineering of crops and animals
• The total theater of fabricated "humanitarian" causes (Kony 2012) which are really nothing more than a tactic to get public support for mass murder by governments
• The total worshipping of sports figures and sports events by the dumbed-down masses who watch football, basketball and the UFC while having no clue whatsoever that their government is raping their future and destroying their liberties.
The Hunger Games Movie
Coup Media Org.
The Truthseeker, UK
Thanks to LMT, Global Rumblings So. Florida Correspondent, for ideas for this posting.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Kindle Edition - Sep 1, 2009) - Kindle eBook
Survive Anything - Disasters - Economy Collapse - Mobs, Etc. PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!
37 Food Items that will be SOLD OUT after Crisis:
NASA knows some things. 2012 Survival Guide
NWO Vision Report Watch
Ping your blogAnd Chomp it www.Hypersmash.com