Facts· Flash flooding is the most deadly part of a flood.
· Flooding in general is the most deadly severe weather hazard, second only to extreme heat in weather related deaths.
· Flash flooding can happen almost anywhere.
· Flash flooding can occur at any point during a storm but most often it occurs during and right after the most intense precipitation.
· You do not have to be around the severe part of the storm for flash flooding to be a danger.
· Flash flooding is a threat every month of the year and can occur at anytime during the day.
Most flood-related deaths and injuries could be avoided if people who come upon areas covered with water followed this simple advice: Turn Around Don't Drown™.
The reason that so many people drown during flooding is because few of them realize the incredible power of water. A mere six inches of fast-moving flood water can knock over an adult. It takes only two feet of rushing water to carry away most vehicles. This includes pickups and SUVs.
If you come to an area that is covered with water, you will not know the depth of the water or the condition of the ground under the water. This is especially true at night, when your vision is more limited.
Play it smart, play it safe. Whether driving or walking, any time you come to a flooded road, TURN AROUND, DON'T DROWN!
Follow these safety rules so you don’t end up like this or worse:
And Continuing - Part 1
Survival Turkey Jerky,Chicken,Buffalo,Beef No Hormones, Antibiotics,or Nitrates - Long lasting - Delicious!
Survive Anything - Disasters - Economy Collapse - Mobs, Etc. PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!
37 Food Items that will be SOLD OUT after Crisis:
NASAknows something. Survival Guide
Ping your blogAnd Chomp it www.Hypersmash.com