My Zimbio
Top Stories

Friday, June 20, 2014

Wheat Belly-lose the weight and get Healthy!






The wheat of today is not the wheat of our mothers or grandmothers. Modern wheat is the product of genetic manipulations that have transformed its properties. Modern wheat is now a 2-foot tall, high-yield semi-dwarf strain, different in both appearance and multiple biochemical features from traditional wheat. Introduction of this new strain of wheat was associated with the appearance of a long list of health problems, along with weight gain and diabetes.


According to Dr. Davis, saying goodbye to all things wheat provides outsized and unexpected health benefits, from weight loss, to relief from acid reflux and bowel urgency, to reversal of diabetes, migraine headaches, and learning disabilities in children.

Dr. William Davis is author of the #1 New york Times bestselling book, Wheat Belly: Lose the wheat, lose the weight and find your path back to health (Rodale, 2011), now debuting internationally in over ten foreign languages. Wheat belly has helped spark a nationwide reconsideration of the conventional advice to "eat more healthy whole grains."

Formerly an interventional cardiologist, he now confines his practice to prevention and reversal of coronary disease in his practice in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Dr. Davis is a graduate of the St. Louis University School of Medicine, followed by training in internal medicine and cardiology at the Ohio State University Hospitals, and training in interventional cardiology at the Case--Western Reserve Hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio. He is also founder of the online heart disease prevention educational program, Track your Plaque.
Reply
 · 
1


+steph lake I read the Wheat Belly book  you recommended and found this video from the author that could help folks who aren't in to reading. Finally seeing my glucose levels coming under control and using less insulin on top of that. In 7 days I've seen things turning around. I wake up more easily as well. In another 7 days I'll see where I'm at. The hardest part is that wheat seems to be in a lot of products you wouldn't suspect.
1
white as in processed white flour and white sugar are probably the worst.  white rice is a little better.   white potatoes are a whole food, with my blessing.
Reply
 · 


White potatoes have little nutrition unless you eat the whole potato skin and all. They have a higher glycemic index/load than bread. They cause an insulin spike and increase insulin resistance. Insulin resistance leads to all sorts of serious medical issues.
Reply
 · 
3

He points out, in the first pages of his book, that the glycemic index of wheat is 72, while the glycemic index of sugar is 59. While sugar is empty calories, wheat is worse. I wondered why so many people report celiac disease these days, when it was considered a rarity when I was young. I wondered why one vegetarian friend had a child with diabetes AND rheumatoid while another vegetarian friend, a runner, had a diastolic BP of 140. Dr. Atkins was reporting on the ballooning of diabetes , even in juveniles, since the FDA came out with their food pyramid, (the broadest part made up of carbs) in the 1970's. The food pyramid, by the way, was supposed to have been developed by two lawyers!  Dr. Atkins, fat or not, reversed diabetes and metabolic syndrome in his patients. (Caregivers frequently do not get cared for themselves). Dr. Davis claims also, that hundreds of his patients have been freed from everything from rashes to diabetes. He is a cardiologist. He deals with real people. His ideas are not merely academic.
Read more
Reply
 · 
2

I am 65 years old and have recently start having intense shoulder pain. All doctors..ALL doctors have addressed my "getting older", impingement, possible rotator cuff surgery, and lack of exercise. Who feels like exercising when you have sharp pains shooting through your shoulders. NOT ONE doctor ever asked me what I eat! Then I noticed a side bar on You Tube when I was seeing if anyone else was having pain and was directed to a gluten site. Gluten? That was something that affected "other" people and was probably one of those "weirdo" diet things. Reluctantly I "clicked" on your You Tube lecture and thankfully changed my heath! I had all the symptoms, so I decided to give it a try. No tests! No X-Rays! I just cut out wheat, sugars, and processed food. Two weeks later I have absolutely no shoulder pain, have lost over 10 pounds (two belt notches), and have started exercising again. I wish I could package this up and sell it but I can't. I added rice and quinoa into my diet, have limited protein to the generally accepted 10% of what I eat, and have even stopped the foot pain and gout attacks. I am a new man!  




Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health



Wheat Belly 30-Minute (Or Less!) Cookbook: 200 Quick and Simple Recipes to Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health



Wheat Belly by William Davis MD - A 30-minute Summary: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back To Health


The Wheat Free Woman: Recipes to shed weight,increase energy,and feel younger
















   


Survive Anything - Disasters - Economy Collapse - Mobs, Etc. PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!

37 Food Items that will be SOLD OUT after Crisis: Prepare!


No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Day Weight Loss Pills

Popular Posts

URGENT - Your LIBERTY at RISK


GET A GROUPON!


Curious about what the future holds? Click here to find out how you can receive a 10 minute psychic reading from Psychic Source.

Calculator-1.com - The Best Free Online Calculatorн

Fine Art - Painting Lessons: Real Art!
What is Bio-Farming? Can anyone do it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CURRENT MOON
My Zimbio
Top Stories
 
My Zimbio
Top Stories Get 100 FREE Visitors to Your Website!
eXTReMe Tracker
AyurCat for Cat Health Care