My Zimbio
Top Stories

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Earth Changes in Progress ~ Note From 'Katie by the volcano'

Thanks, Larry!

From_The_Edge@webtv.net wrote:
 Earth Changes in Progress ~ Note From 'Katie by the volcano'


__,_._,___ Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 00:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Is it global warming? - SHARK ATTACK IN OREGON
To: "L.W. Taylor" <from_the_edge@webtv.net>

Dear Larry,
 
Food for thought for all of us.  First we were informed that we had a dead zone off the Oregon and Washington Coasts that has killed off all fish and crabs, then we were told we can't collect clams, oysters ect.... because of algae plumes and  toxins that have all but shut down the entire industry up here.
 
All of these can be attributed to our ever warming waters in the N.W. but if that hasn't convinced anyone, now we have had a shark attack off the shores in Florence Oregon.
 
The surfer was enjoying the waters on Tuesday when he felt a sensation like a bear trap bearing down and thrashing at his foot.  At first he was stunned until he saw the fin and realized he was shark bait.   He said the pain wasn't bad and after 30 stitches and a set of crutches he is on the mend. 
 
I grew up in Oregon and swam in the waves and often past them since I was on the swim team.  My swimming years were during the release of jaws and even though the movie was terrifying we always knew we were safe up here because the waters were so cold sharks were never much of a threat. 
 
Not anymore my friend, my daughter and I walked the beach last weekend and I wondered if I would ever again enjoy the past times I had as a child with grandfather.  We fished for Salmon in the wee hours of the morning, we dug for clams that we would fry for dinner or pried fresh oysters from the rocks in the Puget Sound which he ofter ate raw from the shells.  No, I don't think that will ever happen again . Those days are now long gone.  I will not be able to pass them onto my daughter and my grandchildren as he did with me.  The heat with in our air and waters is now slowly progressing north month by month and year by year and with it our lives will change forever.
 
Global warming is no longer a matter of if or even when, it is a matter of here and now and with it the changes that will change our lives forever.
 
God Bless,
Katie by the Volcano




No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Day Weight Loss Pills

Popular Posts

URGENT - Your LIBERTY at RISK


GET A GROUPON!


Curious about what the future holds? Click here to find out how you can receive a 10 minute psychic reading from Psychic Source.

Calculator-1.com - The Best Free Online CalculatorŠ½

Fine Art - Painting Lessons: Real Art!
What is Bio-Farming? Can anyone do it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CURRENT MOON
My Zimbio
Top Stories
 
My Zimbio
Top Stories Get 100 FREE Visitors to Your Website!
eXTReMe Tracker
AyurCat for Cat Health Care