Chocolate Crazy Cake (No Eggs, Milk, Butter or Bowls)
CRAZY CAKE RECIPE (NO EGGS, MILK, BUTTER OR BOWLS)Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup sugar (All purpose sugar - Granulated Pure Cane Sugar)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Cup water
Directions (picture tutorial below)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 8" square baking pan. Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients - two small, one larger (see #3 in photo below). Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour water over all. Mix well until smooth.
Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes. Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Cool. Top with your favorite frosting. Enjoy!
Note: Oven cooking times may vary, be sure to check your cake to make sure you do not over bake.
- For a great easy chocolate frosting (my favorite) head over to THE YUMMY LIFE, for a ONE MINUTE FROSTING recipe!
- For a dairy free frosting recipe, head over to Oh She Glows for a simple 2-ingredient chocolate fudge frosting recipe!
- Great Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting recipe from The Beating Hearth!
- You can double this recipe, just use a 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix batter in a bowl for neater, easier mixing. Be sure to follow the directions the same way - mixing the dry ingredients then making the depressions for the wet ingredients. Don't forget to grease your pan. You can also make cupcakes - be sure to adjust baking time.
- Although I have not used Gluten Free flour mixes for this recipe, many people have and said the cake turns out wonderful! This is a great tip from someone that made the cake using a GF mix - "...the mix I use is 1c. brown rice flour, 1c. white rice flour, 1/3 c. tapioca starch, 2/3 c. potato starch, 1tsp. xanthan gum. I've used it in everything from bread to cookies to cakes, and I love it. I do add just a bit more leavening agent *usually baking soda* than the recipe calls for. For instance, in this recipe I just added 1/2 of what it called for more. So the recipe called for 1 tsp, so I added 1 1/2. And it was SO good. Hubby didn't even know it was vegan. And he's a full on man lol. Meat, potatoes, you get it." She also added another note for this GF mix - "I only increase the leavening on cakes and bread. cookies are fine." A big thank you goes out to the sweet reader for being so helpful and sharing this tip with all of us!
- Head here for a GF Crazy/Wacky Cake recipe - Bob's Red Mill's Gluten-Free Wacky Cake
- Many have shared that this recipe is great served warm or cold with just sprinkling powdered sugar on top.
- This cake is also a great activity to do with kids.
A sweet reader, Lesley, shared photos of her Layered Crazy Cake and Cupcakes. Thank you, Lesley, so thoughtful for you to share with all of us!
- For the layered cake, she greased her pan and used baking paper (parchment paper) on the bottom. She didn't double the recipe, just cut the cake into a layer.
- For the cupcakes, she made a dozen using her muffin tin and cupcake liners. The cupcakes were baked at 350 degrees F for 13 mins. (Oven cooking times vary)
Now...go eat some cake!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
*Crazy Cake can be made with Gluten Free mixes! Many people have
commented they have made this cake with Gluten Free mixes and it's
wonderful. "Yes it is yummy and very moist. It even works with GF flour
mixes!" Head here for a GF Crazy/Wacky Cake recipe - Bob's Red Mill's Gluten-Free Wacky Cake
Survive Anything - Disasters - Economy Collapse - Mobs, Etc. PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!
37 Food Items that will be SOLD OUT after Crisis:
Grow Vegetables without Dirt.
Survival Farming Click Here!
ShapeFast Ultra has DR.OZ's Recommended Weight Loss FORSKOLIN! 4Life's ShapeFast Ultra
***Snake Venom for Chronic Pain Relief?? And for Dogs and Cats too! ***
You've got to be kidding! Click to See
Build a shelter, a shed, a little house - Click Here for Instant access to over 12,000 plans