The condition of your nails could be indicative of various health problems:
- Bluish Nails - Nails with a bluish tint can mean the body is not getting enough oxygen. This could indicate an infection in the lungs, such as pneumonia. It could also indicate heart and circulatory problems.
- Clubbed Nails - This indicates a chronic lung problem.
- Cracked or Split Nails - Dry, brittle nails that frequently crack or split have been linked to thyroid disease. Cracking or splitting combined with a yellowish hue is more likely due to a fungal infection.
- Dark Lines Beneath the Nail - Dark lines beneath the nail should be investigated as soon as possible. They are sometimes caused by melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer.
- Gnawed Nails - Nail biting or picking has also been linked to obsessive-compulsive disorder, a sign of persistent anxiety.
- Pale Nails - Very pale nails are sometimes linked to aging. But they can also be a sign of serious illness, such as Anemia, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Liver Disease, and Malnutrition.
- Puffy Nail Fold - If the skin around the nail appears red and puffy, this is known as inflammation of the nail fold. It may be the result of lupus or another connective tissue disorder.
- Rippled Nails - If the nail surface is rippled or pitted, this may be an early sign of psoriasis or inflammatory arthritis. Psoriasis is a skin condition that starts in the nails 10% of the time.
- White Nails - If the nails are mostly white with darker rims and are jaundiced, this can indicate liver problems, such as hepatitis.
- Yellow Nails - One of the most common causes of yellow nails is fungal infection. As the infection worsens, the nail bed may retract, and nails may thicken and crumble. In rare cases, yellow nails can indicate a more serious condition such as severe thyroid disease or psoriasis.
Nail products alone won't keep your fingernail looking good. The secret is in good nutrition and sound emotional health.
Source: India Herbs
37 Food Items that will be SOLD OUT after Global Crisis: Prepare!
The Anti-Christ Identity? Can we know it now? Click Here