See: This historic document, known as "Megillat Bush"- This is also a warning to
Two rare earthquakes have hit the U.S. in two days -- a 5.9 magnitude tremor epicentered in southern Virginia on Tuesday shook the White House, Capitol and Pentagon and was felt up and down the Eastern seaboard; and the largest earthquake in Colorado and New Mexico four decades occurred on Monday.
Until now, I'd never experienced an earthquake before. While this one was mild, it made me think of the column I wrote last month, entitled, "The Lord is shaking the nations physically, spiritually, financially: Why, and how should we respond?" A few excerpts might be worth reconsidering today:
- "Americans, too, are being shaken. We face arguably the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Nearly half of all Americans believe we are heading towards another Great Depression. Unemployment is over 9%. Housing foreclosures are skyhigh. People have lost enormous sums of money due to depressed housing prices and stock market volatility. The federal government is trying to spend our way to prosperity but is making things worse. Our annual federal budget deficit topped $1.3 trillion last year. This year, it looks like the feds will spend more than $1.5 trillion beyond what they are taking in in revenue. Our debt is skyrocketing. The U.S. is now on the verge of financial default, and hampered further by political ineptitude in Washington that threatens to comp0und an already precarious situation.
- "What if these events are not all random? What if the God of the Bible is allowing these to happen to shake us, to wake us, to get our attention, that we might turn to Him and ask Him to have mercy on us and help us?
- "The Lord said through the ancient Hebrew Prophet Haggai that the nations would be shaken in the future. “For thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘Once more in a little while, I am going to shake the heavens and the earth, the sea also and the dry land. I will shake all the nations….I am going to shake the heavens and the earth. I will overthrow the thrones of kingdoms and destroy the power of the kingdoms of the nations.” (Haggai 2:6, 7, 21, 22)"
>> To support The Joshua Fund to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus — especially at this critical moment — please click here
>>With threats rising against America, Israel, and the Church, encourage your pastor to host “The Gathering Storm” special simulcast on Saturday, October 22nd. For more details — and to see a brief video — please click here.
>> For more information on the Sept. 11 “Wake Up Call” simulcast with Anne Graham Lotz and Joel, please click here
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What is the “War of Gog & Magog” described in Ezekiel 38-39? — notes from a recent conference
- Israel, Prophecy, and the “Day of the Lord”: Understanding the Old Testament Book of Joel – notes from a recent conference
- Watch the videos from the 2011 Epicenter Conference online — and/or order the DVD package of all the messages