My Zimbio
Top Stories

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Which hand should I hold the baton in?


Beethoven's fifth, by a conductor who could give us all lessons in enthusiasm:
 
 
 on October 28, 2010 4:45
Not only is he enthusiastic, he has exceptional rhythm!
 on October 28, 2010 8:16
Did I see a gesture of syncopation? OMG he is not just responding to the music he is anticipating! Bravo Maestro!
 on October 28, 2010 12:00
pretty good for a right-handed conductor. ;-)
 on October 28, 2010 14:42
Darn itchy nose...keeps a guy from really getting into it!
 on November 3, 2010 9:40
Brilliant!
 on November 22, 2010 23:17
How amazing to see this little guy know the music.
I feel like him when I'm sitting in the seat at a concert by the "Space Coast Symphony."
Only this kid is a little more right on then I am.
EAM
 on December 1, 2010 11:53
This little guy is amazing! I hope this might influence his career choices in the future.
 on December 7, 2010 12:05
It looks to me as if he knows the piece and he's actually anticipating the changes in tempi and mood rather than just reacting to them. Could Beethoven be reincarnated?
 on December 7, 2010 19:59
Marvelous! His parents must be ecstatic. Ed Clifford
 on December 8, 2010 3:57
My goodness! How old did you say he is? My father in law died 10 years ago last May. Although this child has a different conducting style, to warrant the comparison is commendable. Makes you want to believe in reincarnation or inherant abilities (which society tends to unravel, no pun intended). Parents please allow your son to develop his gift in his own way because he is already a pleasure to watch - he could probably teach some maestros a thing or two about channeling music as if his whole body is an electrical conductor, and the non-productive act of taking yourself too seriously. The manner in which your son communicates musical composition with his body is pure poetry, even when he is distracted!
 on December 8, 2010 15:04
He knows the music better than many conductors!!! the next Dudamel
 on December 9, 2010 15:54
I find Beethoven makes my nose itch, too.
Fantastic !
 on December 10, 2010 11:10
I believe a major symphony orchestra could easily follow his direction (except for the finish) and audiences would love his style.
I also think that this video would serve an excellent training tool for conducting students--it teaches music expression using the whole body (including conducting with your feet), unbridled enthusiasm, and how to deal with emergencies without dropping a beat (or a baton).
This video gets an A+ in my book. Bravo, Jonathan!
 on December 13, 2010 0:19
I'd love to meet this little genius. I'm a conductor and am enthralled by what I just saw. Any leads? xoxoxo Anoush
 on December 13, 2010 3:38
This film really put a smile on my face. I think that with the amount of publicity this little guy is going to get, he should get Gap to sponsor his studies at the Juillard!!
Diane Langleben, London, UK
 on December 14, 2010 10:09
I'm crying tears of joy! Isn't this what we all feel when we conduct a work like this but are afraid to release?
 on December 15, 2010 14:17
BRAVO, you are amazing. You have talent and rhythm, I enjoyed your performance alot.
 on December 15, 2010 19:01
This is one of the funniest things I 've seen in a long time. He is better than most conductors that I have seen as a professional musician for over 3 decades. You go Jonathan! You have great talent!! Janet a professional cellist
 on December 16, 2010 8:41
Proof positive for reincarnation! It is not only Buddhist monks who reincarnate, but everyone. Every child is a reincarnation of somone. Like the 3 year old break-dancer, or the 6 six year with the amazing operatic voice, or the 18 month old who looks like is Isadora Duncan, here is another wonderful example of this fact of life. YouTube is wonderful. It opens our eyes, literally!
 on December 16, 2010 13:06
Jonathan is a truly remarkable youngster. His sense of rhythm and musical emphasis is exceptional and at one point his cueing in the first violins was right-on. Having attended the Juilliard years ago I would suggest sending this video to the school with a request that he be put on the waiting list.
 on December 17, 2010 11:08
A nod also needs to be given to this very impressive boy's parents. They are clearly raising him with a love and a knowledge of music, and for that they shoule be commended. If only there were more like them!
 on December 17, 2010 19:14
This child has obviously heard this piece many, many times and has practiced his conducting to it, as well. Bravo, young maestro! You obviously are full of musical talent--and quite precocious, at that! Perhaps someday, you shall conduct a famous symphony orchestra?
 on December 18, 2010 8:37
This is truly amazing ! What a JOY to watch! I still have a smile on my face from watching this joyful video. Thanks for sharing
 on December 19, 2010 7:57
This kid of yours is awesome! I sure hope that you have him started on violin or piano or at least soon! He has so much enthusiasm and talent already. Capture it before he gets hold of a football!!!!! Keep exposing him to classical music and conductors!
 on December 19, 2010 8:55
Poetry in Motion!!! Absolutely delightful. No doubt his love of music will lead him where he needs to go.
 on December 19, 2010 11:54
I laughed and at the end I cried. Jonathan, I believe, is an example of pure feeling, and as someone commented earlier, a channel. When we're in our feelings (unconscious mind) as opposed to too much in our conscious mind, our true self shines. He's completely present and in the moment, and he's having a lot of fun. What a great role model! And kudos to his parents for giving him a supportive and nurturing environment to grow up in and live his life purpose, whatever that may be. He's already inspiring so many people. All the best, Jonathan! And welcome back!
 on December 19, 2010 20:56
My goodness; he reminds me of myself when I "conduct" the record player...........his sense of tempo and anticipation are outstanding!
 on December 20, 2010 1:12
amazing internal sense of rhythm and focus to last that long doing the same activity. he has obviously "learned" this movement as commentary regarding " liking this part coming up" or " that's my favorite part" were accompanied verbally whilst he still was conducting.....or dancing ....or whatever he was doing!!! its absolutely marvelous. the enthusiasm and the whole body reacting to the beat and the interpretation of the music itself. well done maestro!
 on December 20, 2010 5:47
He feels the music in each and every fiber of his being!!! Love to see that and hope it stays with him!
 on December 20, 2010 14:10
A true inspiration to all young people!
 on December 21, 2010 6:37
Can this talented young man conduct the last several minutes of the 4th Beethoven's 9th?
I'd love to see it
 on December 22, 2010 8:57
He's ready for the podium NOW! Amazing! I'd love to play under his direction; we'd all have a BLAST! It's great that he and the parents can laugh....great job! Obviously, there's musical talent in the family, and this little one really has it!! Parents are doing a great job inculcating a love for music..
 on December 22, 2010 10:48
Some careers are chosen at an early age. I'd say it's time to give this kid his scholarship to an advanced music academy. { That, or clown school. :) :) think Red Skelton skit, at an early age }
 on December 22, 2010 14:58
Shaquille O'Neal must have watched this little guy before conducting the Boston Pops.
 on December 22, 2010 16:47
We were just at the Walt Disney Concert Hall for the performance of Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 22, K 482, conducted by Nicolas McGegan. This child is reminiscent of Maestro McGegan's style of conducting - full of joy, elation, dance, frivolity and sheer genius! Parents - I hope you continue to encourage your child's God-given talent as a conductor. Continue to expose him to classical music. Bring him to Los Angeles to meet Dudamel, who I'm sure would mentor him!
 on December 23, 2010 9:02
Thank you, Jonathan! (And thank you, Allen, for sharing this.) I hope I get to see you conduct a live orchestra soon.
 on December 30, 2010 7:48
This talented and obviously gifted young man brought me to tears. Best baton work I have seen in years. Please continue to nurture and encourage him!
 on December 31, 2010 8:59
Jonathan is amazing! I love it how he conducts with both arms and legs and his whole body! Please let him conduct an orchestra and make another video with him and the orchestra! I hope you let us know when you do this with an email from new@choralnet.org! Thanks!
 


http://www2.choralnet.org/268945.html


Anti-Aging: Turn the Clock Back!

Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Day Weight Loss Pills

Popular Posts

URGENT - Your LIBERTY at RISK


GET A GROUPON!


Curious about what the future holds? Click here to find out how you can receive a 10 minute psychic reading from Psychic Source.

Calculator-1.com - The Best Free Online Calculatorн

Fine Art - Painting Lessons: Real Art!
What is Bio-Farming? Can anyone do it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CURRENT MOON
My Zimbio
Top Stories
 
My Zimbio
Top Stories Get 100 FREE Visitors to Your Website!
eXTReMe Tracker
AyurCat for Cat Health Care